SportsPlus Canterbury TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these T&Cs carefully.
SportsPlus Waiver & Liability Release
- I, or the person/s on whose behalf I am signing, acknowledge and agree that I am voluntarily participating in activities at SportsPlus’ sporting facilities (the “Facility”). I understand that participation in sports and physical activities, including the Simulator at the Facility, involves inherent risks and may result in injury or harm. I acknowledge and accept these risks, which include but are not limited to, serious bodily injury, illness, disability, permanent physical or mental impairment, death, and other damage to my person and property.
- I agree that it is my sole responsibility to be familiar with the physical and/or mental demands associated with the above-named activities. With these demands in mind, I have no physical or medical condition which, to my knowledge, would endanger myself or others if I participate in a Simulator within SportsPlus, or would interfere with my ability to participate. I also agree to abide by any established rules or regulations while participating. SportsPlus draws the attention of all participants to the fact that playing equipment such as Bats, Rackets, Sticks, Clubs, Darts and Balls, if handled or used incorrectly, could be a danger to adults and children.
- I also agree and confirm the following:
I am over the age of 18 years with full capacity to understand the warning, to sign this waiver on my own behalf and provide my consent or I am the parent/guardian of a minor and have full capacity and authority to sign and provide consent on their behalf.
I/they have a level of fitness and proficient sufficient to safely participate in the Facility’s activities;
I am neither pregnant nor under the influence of substances that could impair my ability to engage in recreational activities safely.
I am not aware of any medical condition which may preclude or limit my/their ability to participate in the activity at the Facility; and
It is the responsibility of all parents or guardians to ensure that children under the age of eighteen (18) years of age are supervised in such a way to avoid the possibility of any accident or injury,
- I/they agree that in consideration for being permitted to use the Facility and participate in its activities, to the maximum extent permissible at law, I/they:
(a) waive, release, and discharge SportsPlus, the Club, their owners, employees, agents, volunteers, sponsors and representatives (collectively “the Released Parties”) from any and all liability, obligations and responsibilities for my/their personal injury, acceleration or aggravation of a disease, property damage or wrongful death in any way arising out of my/their participation in the Facility’s activities whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise.
(b) agree that the facilities and equipment which are provided at the Facility by any of the Released Parties are “recreational services” within the meaning of section 139A (2) of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (‘’ACL”).
(c) agree that with respect to the use of any equipment and participation in any activity at the Facility that the Released Parties’ may, and do, exclude, restrict and/or modify (as the case may) the application of all of the provisions of Subdivision B of Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the ACL as set out below:
(i) the Released Parties’ liability for death or a physical or mental injury suffered by me (including the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury of the participant) is excluded;
(ii) the Released Parties’ liability for the contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease by me is excluded;
(iii) the Released Parties’ liability for the coming into existence, the aggravation or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs in relation to me that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to me or the community, or that may result in harm or disadvantage to me or the community is excluded
- I/they acknowledge and intend that this waiver and release binds me, my executors, administrators, heirs and successors, or where applicable binds the persons on whose behalf I am signing and their executors, administrators, heirs and successors.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Released Parties are not liable for indirect or consequential losses or damages, including loss of revenue, profits, expected profits, savings, overhead costs, or other economic losses, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under statute, or otherwise.
Emergency Treatment Authorisation
- I consent to receive, or if applicable to the persons on whose behalf I am signing receiving, any reasonably appropriate medical treatment that may be deemed necessary or advisable by a certified first aid officer, registered paramedic, or medical practitioner in the event of any injury, accident or illness suffered while participating in these activities at the Facility. This includes but is not limited to, first aid, ambulance transport and hospitalization. I understand and agree that I am responsible for any medical expenses incurred on my behalf.
- I/they hereby grant SportsPlus and the Club the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and photographs, videos, or other media taken of me during my attendance at the Facility for promotional, advertising, and other related purposes on SportsPlus’ or the Club’s official social media accounts, website, marketing materials, and any other channels deemed appropriate by SportsPlus or the Club. I understand that these materials may be used without any further notification or compensation to me.
- I release SportsPlus, its employees, and representatives from any liability arising out of the use of such images or media. I also have the option to opt out of this specific clause despite signing this waiver by notifying a SportsPlus staff member upon checking in.
I am the parent/guardian with legal responsibility for the minor/s named above. In my capacity as parent/guardian I acknowledge, understand and accept all of the above and consent to the named minor’s participation in the activities at the Facility.
Your use of SportsPlus (referred to as “this website”) is entirely at your discretion. SportsPlus (also known as “we” or “us”) assumes no responsibility for any losses, damages, errors, or omissions that may arise from your utilization of this website. While we exercise reasonable care to ensure this website is free from viruses, we do not accept responsibility for any viruses that may impact materials downloaded from it. Please be aware that price and availability information may change without prior notice. The information on this website should be used in conjunction with promotional materials available at the SportsPlus venue. In case of any inconsistencies, the information provided in promotional materials at our venues takes precedence.
All content and materials on this website are protected by copyright and belong to SportsPlus. You are prohibited from copying, reproducing, printing, or storing any part of this website for commercial gain or any corporate or commercial purpose without obtaining our prior consent. Use this website only as intended by us. However, you are permitted to copy, reproduce, print, store, or reproduce any part of this website for personal use or for the personal use of a third party.
If you encounter any issues accessing this website or have suggestions for its improvement, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before your arrival, please take note of the following guidelines:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your reservation time to complete check-in at reception, receive your game equipment, and be escorted to your designated area.
- Your reservation will specify the allotted play period for your booking.
- If you or any guest in your group arrives late, your play period may be reduced, and there might not be sufficient time to complete your booked activities.
- In the event of unforeseen technical issues, the start time mentioned in your reservation may be delayed. Rest assured that your play period will not be reduced due to the delay.
- According to Canterbury League Club’s Minors Policy, minors are only allowed on the premises when accompanied by a responsible adult at all times, and they are strictly prohibited from consuming alcohol.
- We adhere to a “think 25” policy. If you appear to be under 25 years old, we may request identification to confirm your age. Valid forms of identification include an Australian Driver’s License, NSW Drivers License, Proof of Age Card, Australian or International Passport, Keypass Card, or PhotoCard (N.S.W).
- Entry to SportsPlus will be denied if signs of intoxication, including impaired speech, balance, coordination, and behavior, are exhibited.
- For any adjustments to your booking, please contact email@example.com at least 24 hours before your scheduled booking time, and we will strive to accommodate your request. Refunds, subject to a 50% cancellation fee, can be offered before this 24-hour mark.
- Any damage to SportsPlus Clubhouse property will result in you being responsible for the repair and/or replacement costs.
Remember these rules while enjoying your time:
Immediately report any malfunctions to reception or, if unattended, to any other staff member. Do not attempt to repair any malfunctions yourself.
While we encourage a good time, it should not be at the expense of others or our venue. Please respect all patrons, staff, equipment, and yourself. Deliberate damage or vandalism to SportsPlus equipment or the venue will result in eviction and potential damage costs.
Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
We do not assume any responsibility for personal property brought to SportsPlus Canterbury.
General Safety Rules:
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. No loose or open-toed shoes are allowed.
- Remove any sharp objects, jewelry, or accessories before participating in any activity.
Health & Wellbeing:
- Ensure you are in good health and capable of participating in the chosen sport.
- If you have any medical conditions or concerns, please consult with a staff member before participating.
Alcohol and Substance Use:
- Do not consume excessive alcohol or any other substances that may impair your judgment or coordination before, during, or after using our simulators.
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a Responsible Adult.
- Customers must be at least 5 years old to play on Batting or Golf Lanes.
- Customers must be at least 9 years old to play on Darts Lanes.
Specific Sport Guidelines:
- These sports involve soft balls, exercise caution.
- Be aware of your surroundings and fellow participants.
- Avoid any reckless or dangerous actions that could cause harm to yourself or others.
- Always stand behind the marked line when throwing darts.
- Ensure that other participants are at a safe distance while you throw.
- Do not retrieve darts from the dartboard until everyone has finished their turn.
- Players must be 9 or older.
- Use golf clubs only as intended.
- Maintain a safe distance from others and be aware of where your ball is at all times.
- Be cautious when swinging the golf club to prevent injuries.
- In case of an emergency, contact a staff member immediately.
- Evacuation plans are posted at various locations within SportsPlus. Familiarize yourself with the nearest exit.
- Follow staff instructions during an emergency.
If you witness or are involved in any incident, accident, or injury, please report it to our staff immediately.
We will document and investigate any incidents to improve safety measures.
Participation in activities at SportsPlus is voluntary. By participating, you acknowledge and assume any risks associated with the activities. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone not following these policies.
Thank you for choosing SportsPlus for your entertainment needs. We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone.
At SportsPlus Pty Ltd, our commitment to providing top-quality services is the driving force behind our dedication to protecting your Personal Information. This policy outlines our ongoing responsibilities in handling your Personal Information.
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) established within the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to govern the acquisition, usage, disclosure, storage, security, and disposal of your Personal Information. For detailed information on the Australian Privacy Principles, please visit The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.aoic.gov.au.
What Constitutes Personal Information and Why Do We Collect It?
Personal Information encompasses data or viewpoints that can identify an individual, such as names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. We gather this information through various channels, including interviews, correspondence, telephone and fax communication, email correspondence, our website www.sportsplus.com.au, your website, media and publications, other publicly accessible sources, cookies, and third parties. We do not assume responsibility for the content or privacy policies of authorized third parties.
We collect your Personal Information primarily to provide our services, furnish information to our clients, and facilitate marketing. Additionally, we may use your Personal Information for related secondary purposes, in circumstances where such use or disclosure is reasonably expected. You have the option to unsubscribe from our mailing and marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
Sensitive Information, as defined by the Privacy Act, includes data or opinions about an individual’s racial or ethnic background, political viewpoints, association with political organizations, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership in trade unions or professional bodies, criminal history, or health information. We will use Sensitive Information exclusively for the primary objective for which it was obtained, a secondary purpose closely tied to the primary purpose, or with your consent or as required or authorized by law.
We strive to acquire your Personal Information directly from you. However, in specific situations, third parties may provide us with information. In such cases, we take reasonable steps to notify you of the information furnished by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed under various circumstances, including to third parties with your consent for the purpose of use or disclosure, or when obligated or authorized by law.
Security of Personal Information
We safeguard your Personal Information against misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. Once your Personal Information is no longer necessary for its initial purpose, we take reasonable measures to either destroy it or render it permanently unidentifiable. However, the majority of Personal Information will be maintained in client files for a minimum of seven years.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, update, and rectify the Personal Information we have in our possession, with certain exceptions. If you desire access, kindly contact us in writing. We do not impose a fee for accessing your information but may levy an administrative charge for providing a copy of your Personal Information. To safeguard your Personal Information, we may verify your identity before releasing the requested information.
This policy may undergo periodic changes and will be accessible on our website.